Friday, October 7, 2011

Shop Shop and keep Shopping...

This week I will continue my posts with my favorite theme, Shopping!!!  I don’t know if this may apply to others, but shopping is the cure to a bad or even a good day.  Shopping is fun and is a social activity that families and friends can do together.  Most my shopping is done at Somerset Mall in the city of Troy… so I thought I would discuss Somerset in this blog.  Not only do I do my shopping at this mall, I also work there on the weekends (Ann Taylor on the South Side).   Somerset mall attracts shoppers from all over (even lots of people from Canada) as it has a variety of retail stores for its’ shoppers.   Many may consider Somerset Mall an upscale shopping mall; in a way I agree… however, the scenery is beautiful and enjoyable.  This mall has been around since 1969 as the South side was expanded in 1992 and the North side was created in 1996.  The department stores vary from Macys, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Neiman Marcus… with Macys holding the most space (largest department store in the collection).  The collection provides shopping for everyone, as you will feel delighted and relaxed with your experience here.  Somerset Mall also holds many restaurants to dine at after a long day of shopping.  Also, the collection provides entertainment here and there that also increases the mall population (especially during the weekends).   Stop by Somerset Mall… do some shopping, grab a bite to eat, and go home feeling great!  I also provided a link for those who are not familiar with the collection, (this will list the stores and restaurants available and any additional information). 


http://www.thesomersetcollection.com/


http://www.cometocapetown.com/why-cape-town/entertainment/shopping/

1 comment: