Saturday, October 29, 2011

Motown Historical Museum


This is not some ordinary museum, it also once was the headquarters of Motown records and Tamla records during the 1960s.  This is also an attraction in our very own downtown.  What I thought was cool was that Stevie Wonders and The Temptations recorded their hits here.  Other artists I may not know, but some of you may be aware of are Marvin Gaye, The Supremes, The Four Tops, Smokey Robinson and Miracles, and The Marvelettes.  Another cool thing I read about was that the Motown Records was nicknamed Hitsville USA because it produced so many hits at once.  The museum (which is actually two houses combined) consists of an office, a recording studio, a switch board, and a daycare.  I know at first I thought this was all very random.  The Motown museum holds memorabilia for all its’ artists.   This includes album covers, costumes, and pictures that relate to the history of Motown.  The founder of Motown was Berry Gordy.  If you like music, why not visit this attraction and learn about the history of those artists that were founded right here in your hometown.  I did not know this place existed until I was researching attractions in Detroit and this came up.  This attraction seems interesting enough to visit.  Motown holds a lot of its’ history still today.  It still has cigar and candy vending machines, the same ones from before.  It also has much of the recording equipment from back then.  I love history and any type of historical attraction will work for me.  This attraction preserves the history of Motown Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment