Friday, November 18, 2011

DTE Energy Music Theater


DTE Energy Music Theater is actually a branch off the Palace of Auburn Hills.  This music theater is also very close to Oakland University’s Campus!  This campus is used for concerts and shows.  Drake had a concert here not too long ago and might I add it was amazing.  It was only $15 a ticket for Oakland students and they could bring up to one guest for also $15.  I believe other tickets for non-students ranged from $15 (lawn seats)- $30 for regular seats.  I took my boyfriend and we had a great time.  Many other concerts have occurred at this theater as well, such as Rhianna (which I also went to with my girlfriends and had an amazing time)!  Kayne and Jay-Z also have a concert here next weekend November 26, for those of who are fans.  This music theater is an outside theater, however, the stage and the front seats are covered with a roof, while the seats further back are opened with no roofing… I think this is great for the summer or for the nice days!  However, I have never been to a concert or show in the winter so I am not sure if they cover up the opened areas due to snow or if they cancel the show?  I tried to look it up, but did not come up with an accurate answer.   Snow during a concert kind of sounds a little tempting?

No comments:

Post a Comment