Friday, September 23, 2011

Ford Field ... Go Lions!

I am going to continue this week’s theme of sports as this next post will be about our very own Ford Field as it is the home of the Detroit Lion’s football team!  I will have to be honest and say that I have never been to a Lion’s game.  But this year I hope that will change as I have been promising my boyfriend we will go to one.  Ford Field was originally supposed to be an outdoor stadium like the Tiger’s stadium next door, but ended up being an indoor stadium.   The field was completed in August of 2002.  The naming rights to Ford Field were purchased of course by the Ford family, also including the Lion’s owner William Ford, who controls the interest in the company.    The stadium is not only used for the Detroit Lions, but it has also been used for concerts and events.  Lady Gaga’s concert was a Ford Field a while back (so I guess I have been to Ford Field, just not for a Lion’s game).  Another fun fact I found was that Ford Field claims the best sight lines of any football stadium in the United States, which is made available by a design and that omits the traditional club and suite levels and ends up lowering the upper level.  I plan on attending a Lion’s game this season and I hope you guys also do the same. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment